Sunday, January 28, 2018

Tucson--Hotel Row

http://thereandbackagaintravel.com/tucson-gem-show-healers-play-play-breakdown-hotel-row/

otel row is located near downtown Tucson and and convention center. It is a stretch of hotels on the west side of I-10 that is about a mile long. Most of the hotels pull the furniture out of their rooms and rent them to gem vendors who in turn take the rooms and turn them into little temporary stores for the show. In addition, the hotel courtyards are filled with vendors, as well (and I think that the deals tend to be better in the courtyards, as I would imagine the rent is cheaper.)
The north end of hotel row is anchored by the Days Inn, and it finishes up on the south end near the Howard Johnson and the African Village. In between are days worth of stones for you to discover and hidden corners to explore.
=================
Electric Park/Kino Sports Complex is HUGE. Massive.  Gargantuan.  You get the idea.
There are two large tents and many other medium sized and small tents behind those.  When I say “large” tents, I am talking about some of the largest tents in the world…each easily the size of a football field.
Our first stop here is usually the Village Originals tent (this is one of the large tents anchoring Electric Park.) It is easy to spot, as it is the one that has all of the amethyst cathedrals in the front.



No comments:

Post a Comment